Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sashimi-ing! 28.12.12

omegosh omesogh only 2 more days till i leave korea! NOOOO

Today my Granddad on my dads side and his younger brother (second granddad) took me to eat my most favorite food in the world! SASHIMIIIIIIII
Apparently the Jung Family loves and knows their fish.. legit theyre like fish experts, full teaching me tricks on how to avoid getting a mouthful of bones haha. Anyway, so they loved the fact that i looveddd fish (esp salmon and sashimi) and they had promised to take me one day. AND TODAY WAS MY LUCKY DAY!

So i was meeting them for dinner and i didnt really have anything to do that day, so i just went around Gwanghwamun where the big famous golden statue guy lives. I think he invented our language? and the statue infront is famous for his Turtle ship or smth....

anyway...

I was being a hardcore tourist taking hardcore photos of these bad boys when suddenly the dark and cloudy sky lit up with spot lights and the surrounding traffic was drowned out by the craycrayziest song in the world.. Gangnam Style.
I was like WHAAAA

So i walked a lil closer and found that the whole area was lined with seats and there were those massive cameras and other filmy shiz everywhere.

Sae Jung Dae King. 

lots of cameray shiz!


Bam spotlights and music!

they were getting ready for some performance thing happening later that night.. never figured out what for tho .. hmm

AFter wandering around and chilling at a cafe, i headed out to meet my granddads! :D
and omgg they took me to this really famous place where they sell really fresh and awesome sashimi along with a kazillion weird and wacky side dishes!
I swear it was like a 80 course meal :L

SO first they gave us the side dishes and Muscle Soup (the black pot) 
THen came the massive plate of fresh sashimi which tasted like heaven 8)

THe side dishes werernt like the usual ones you see in everyday korean restaurants! THese were epic! There was Edame Beans, Nokdu Pajeon (special green pancake thing) Fried octopus, Quail eggs and Bbondaeggi (boiled silk worms). They all tasted soo soo soo good!

After nomming away on the moutain of food, more food came out!

Salt-fried fish, spicy fish stew and 2 massive rolls of roe kimbap!! soo gooodd!!

THen when i thought my stomach was about to explode.. MORE FOOD CAME OUT!

clear fish bone soup to cleanse our palettes and stop our breaths from stinking like fish :L twas amazing!

AFter dinner, we caught a cab for my granddad and my second granddad took me around Dongdaemun shopping places. He owns one of the shopping malls called "Pyeongwha Shijang/market" He is super rich!

And hes super cute and hip! He was all like "ooh lets take a selca! yeyeyrrr "
I think hes one of my fav granddads too!

ngaw! I dont think we look too alike aye 

He dropped me off at the nearest station where we said our goodbyes :c it was the last time i was going to see him for a another few years i guess.. unless someone decides to get married again! AYE AYE GO GO GO!

Ngaw gonna miss my family in Korea so much :'c

-KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment